unpckd Picker Packer
Contract Type: Employed, Part Time, Zero Hours contract
Hours: 3 days / week (currently Mon, Weds, Thurs), 10am - 3pm
Salary: £10 p/h
Location: unpckd HQ, Hitchin SG5
Start date: Monday 21 September 2020
job description - why this social enterprise needs you
looking for a few hours of local work? Want your time to have a purpose? Make an impact with the work that you do by joining the team at this growing social enterprise helping local households in Hitchin, East Beds & Cambridge reduce their everyday waste. This is initially a part-time role with weekday hours that work around school runs.
unpckd: an online grocery delivery with less everyday waste. We specialise in unpackaged refills of dry food, toiletries and cleaning products as well as sustainable household goods at affordable prices.
purpose over profit: we’re a social enterprise tackling the problem of single-use and disposable packaging, which contributes to both irreplaceable depletion of natural resources as well as acceleration of climate change. Our vision is a circular world without waste. Our mission is to help households create less everyday waste from grocery shopping.
growing business: rising public consciousness of plastic pollution coupled with the rising preference for delivery during the pandemic means that our refill delivery service is in demand - to reach more customers, to serve more locations and to divert more waste, we need more helping hands!
great opportunity: join a purpose-led dynamic start-up business with the ability to really add value to the everyday operations of this social enterprise by making sure that all orders are fulfilled and every customer gets what they ordered. Your job is to help our customers reduce waste by picking their everyday groceries from bulk stores and packing as refills in reusable containers, ready to be delivered to their doorsteps.
ideal candidate: an individual passionate about the environment, who likes manual work and is energised to make a difference by being part of the change in creating less everyday waste.
job purpose - in a nutshell
for a scheduled delivery round, you will complete the corresponding delivery orders by physically picking and packing refills of dry food, toiletries and cleaning products from bulk storage into appropriate reusable containers and respective order delivery boxes.
job responsibilities - this is what you’ll be doing
- managing pick order list and organising refill pick list for each delivery round
- preparing refill containers according to pick order requirements
- preparing delivery boxes according to order delivery numbers and delivery sequence
- filling appropriate refill container based on product and quantity requirements
- using dispensing equipment and follows food safety & hygiene regulations
- packing refill products appropriately into individual order delivery boxes
- checking that individual orders are complete and accurate
- keeping products stored correctly, separated, organized and in good rotation
- monitoring product quality frequently, reporting problems to mitigate safety issues
- monitoring and reporting low stock levels
- maintaining a high level of personal health and safety standards
- maintaining a clean, sanitary, and safe work area
- performing other related duties as assigned
qualifications / skills - we're looking for people like this
- previous experience working in a food environment preferred but not essential
- Food Safety & Hygiene Level 2 Certification preferred but not essential
- keen attention to detail and good communication skills
- ability to lift heavy objects
- active & ability to stay on feet for long periods of time
- hygiene & safety conscious
- ability to work in a fast paced, busy start-up environment
- ability to work well on a team & work independently
- self-motivated & positive attitude
work hours & benefits - this is when we need you & what you get
- 5hrs / day, 3 days / week (currently Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 10am - 3pm)
- £10 / hour
- join a start-up social enterprise at an exciting time in its growth
- opportunity to be instrumental in changing the habits of local communities for a tangible positive impact on the environment
ready to make a difference? Want to be part of the change? Apply now to join the team and become the heart and soul of the operational business.
submit a CV with covering letter to Tracey Banks at email@example.com by midnight Sunday September 6th 2020.
if you have any questions, need further information or wish to explore flexibility in hours, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.